It is our mission at LACC to impact our community by opening our arms to embrace and love each child and each parent with the love that Jesus Christ so freely gives to each of us.
Our Core Values
Love is more than part of our name. It is who we are.
We are a LUTHERAN center. The Loving Arms of Jesus were extended on the cross for every child. We are the Loving Arms of blessing to child and family.
“This is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.” 1 John 4:10
We are an OUTREACH center. We reach out to families of the Greater Des Moines area by providing quality loving care for child and family.
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
We are a center based on Christian VALUES. We value the physical, social, emotional and spiritual health of child and family. We teach and live our Christian faith.
“Love your neighbor as yourself.” Luke 10:27
We are a center of EXCELLENCE. We provide an environment and curriculum that stimulates growth in all aspects of a child’s life. Loving Arms are competent and compassionate.
“Now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.” 1 Corinthians 13:13
At LACC, we believe in employing a positive approach to working with children. We teach, model, and use illustrations to take a proactive approach to negative behaviors before they occur. This approach is called Positive Behavior Intervention Support (PBIS). What is PBIS?
- A positive approach to guidance and connection.
- Helps to create consistency in a child’s day so that they know what to expect at each moment of the day.
- Visual picture schedules are placed at the child’s eye level so that they know ‘what comes next’.
- A learning center environment offers children an opportunity to interact in domestic play, art, music, building materials, literacy, math, and manipulatives.
- Giving children some autonomy in their play choices allows them to have some control over their day and also encourages their development in many areas.
Our Savior, Jesus Christ, abundantly showers each of us with His love. In our ministry here at LACC, we also shower children with love, encouragement, and affirmation. Children of every age learn that Jesus loves them, that He cares for them, and that He died and rose for them.